Micki Switzer's Photography

Sunday, December 6, 2009

I wanted to do something special for my children up North for their first Christmas in their first apartment so I tried creating a mini chipboard album.
Album is from Michael's...$1.00 find. all paper is Die Cuts with a View.  For the snowflake embellishments, I went to the dollar store and found a Christmas garland which I dismantled and used the pieces which saved me a bit of time die-cutting.
The stamps used were # 20065 Purr-fect Holiday from the Max and Lucy series at Stamps Happen, Inc.  Fullerton, Ca. (Made in the USA)...Yeah
On the back I used my special order stamp from paperangel.com's online catalog which has my name and email address and a cute kitty in the middle.  It took me about 6 hours to make this card.
In order to make the pattern for the paper and to convice my self I could do it... I scanned in the santa hat shape and traced a bitmap in Inkscape...saved as an SVG so I could use SCAL to send to the Cricut Expression. 
I also used the RoundCatSVG from  lsshdesigns.blogspot.com/.

No comments: